And just like that...

3 months have passed! I can't quite believe we are a quarter of the way through 2012! In the blink of an eye life has taken on a completely different shape and feel to that of a year ago.

Our students are enjoying a well deserved first holiday. And after a week of intense planning with the VGY team we have embarked on our first South African road trip in our new car.
I am looking forward to a week of indulging in the things that I love - God's presence, my husband's company, pages and pages of books, writing, music, great food, cappuccinos and walks on the beach.... All of that with a good dash of treasued friends who will be visiting us.

The destination: Dana Bay - one of our favourite retreats in the Western Cape.

I love going on road trips to places of known comfort with stops at unknown places thrown in on the way....

One of those unknown stops was at 'The Village Bookshop' in Plettenberg Bay or aka my new happy place. Tucked away on the high street is an oasis of huge novels, sumptuous coffee table books AND British newspapers and magazines. In other words it is a haven of inspiration, complete with quaint coffee shop in the back. Although it is small I could honestly lose myself in a there.

The last few months has been privileged, busy and exciting. I find myself approaching this holiday craving time to reflect, process and evaluate before the next term starts. I am aware more than ever that creativity rarely screams at me; for me it comes in quiet whispers found in moments of reflection. Creativity surprises me when I least expect it; kind of like a subtle hint of lemon that causes what could have been a good slice of cheesecake to be absolutely great....
This bookshop was like that for me... Something about the smell of dark wood, books, coffee and light notes of lilies... That is how creativity found me today... I'm taking that a love note from my Father in heaven just for me.

Well, just thought I would share those thoughts while they were fresh.

Thanks for stopping by, K x



1 comments:

  1. Menaka Rajapakse7 April 2012 at 09:15

    aaahh... *bliss* u took me with u on that visit to d Village Bookshop :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About