Monday: Tea Time


Time for tea!

Wow, friends, I'm so sorry for being MIA! Last week was super crazy for us. Thank you to all of you who sent messages asking me where my regular posts were. 

Serving suggestions for today's chats: Definitely a traditional cup of builders and a slice of fresh nutty rye with strawberry preserve. We've got lots to catch up on!

How was your weekend? As I said mine was crazy busy but SO much fun. 

Victory Gap Year put on two splendid events. On Friday night we put on the annual JBay Fashion Fair and as you know the theme was Eco-Chic. The night was a huge success with a collections of chic wearable garments from some of South Africa's top up and coming designers. 

On Sunday night we filled the VCC Auditorium with light and colour for the Worship Academy Album Launch. The Album is called 'Re-Sounding Light'. Now, I know I have a huge bias towards anything VGY but I actually really do like this album. It is full of songs that work for anything from congregational worship to a must have on your road trip mix. The album will be available on iTunes by the end of this week. 

Today is the last day of the students penultimate term here with us at VGY. Each term seems to go by faster and faster. This term has taught me a lot; it has taught me to love deeper, work harder, live larger and rest clever-er. Haha! I have been reminded once again of the value of vital relationships; without which life can become a hundred different shades of grey and as slow and boring as a metronome trying to come to a complete stop. 

What have you learnt in the last three months? What have you changed? What did you do that you have never done before?

This week is will be one of season changing rituals, wrapping up admin and preparing for our long awaited, first ever trip, to Cape Town. Please scream with glee for me here! This actually leads me to asking for some much needed help. I need you to tell me where to go - restaurants, shops, galleries, markets, old buildings, parks... Give me your ultimate Cape Town itinerary. 

One of my goals this year was to read at least two novels, a modern one and a classic. I have chosen the beloved 'Pride and Prejudice' for my classic read, I haven't read it in a couple of years and it seems like the perfect holiday book, to place along side my second modern novel (which I have yet to make a dent in). 

I promised you last week that I have an exciting announcement to make and I haven't forgotten. I just want to let the light and glitter settle from the weekend and then we'll get to the big reveal. 

For now friends, here are a few things that are getting me thinking.


Cute dress I've got my eye on.


This picture has got all sorts of thoughts flowing...
Can't remember where I found this, I soon as I do I promise I'll credit it!

Thanks for stopping by, K x

1 comments:

  1. yay!!!! eeeeeeeeeee! squeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaal... CAPT TOWN baby :)
    Enjoy my dearest Nothis
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About