Monday: Tea Time

Photo from Pinterest via tumbir

Tea Time!

Serving suggestions for our chats today are: Mango and Acai with a spoon of honey and a side of blueberries.

Did you have a good weekend?

My weekend was beautiful. As you know Mr. Noth surprised me with a break away. It was wonderful. We stayed at a gorgeous hide away in St. Francis Bay, a stunning little town about an hour away from Jeffreys Bay. We lay by the canal, ate delicious food and dreamed huge dreams for our future. Dreaming together is such an incredible thing! It does something between the souls of two people as you begin to create a future together and imagine the legacy you want to leave for your children and in the world you leave behind one day.
We were only away for two days, but it feels like a week went by. In today's terms two days and a night is no time at all. But when you are given a gift, or a window of time, suddenly you become intentional and deliberate with what you will do with those minutes - because you continually have the end in mind. 
This is a true testament is quality time. I know that this was a timely and vital time for us. New dreams, inspiration and vision were kindled. New excitement for a future that becomes more and more technicolor as we continue to allow God to be the master artisan, rather than ourselves. 

I want to ask you, what legacy are you planning to leave? I believe that in todays world we have been sold a disgusting lie - that this is all there is. Live for today. Do what makes you feel good. Don't let anyone tell you to do what you don't want to do. 
This would work if 
1) What you see is all there is.
2) Half the time you don't know what makes you feel truly good. 
3) The other half of the time you don't know what you want.

We are a society that has given into one generational thinking. What is that you may ask? That is thinking that ends with you, your wants, needs and desires. It is driven by instant gratification and ultimately selfishness; am I calling you selfish? No. Do we all fall into selfishness and self satisfying pursuits? Yes. I know I do.

But, deep down my heart has been arrested by truth. This is not all there is. There is another way.  

Let me help you understand what I am getting at. We have to live with the end in mind. Legacy acts as a rudder for the journey. So often we are drunk on the desire for what we want now, that we forget the joy in not having now so that someone else can have later. 

I could share what blogs I have been reading and what cool new stuff there is out there that you can buy to make you feel or look good. And there is nothing wrong with having stuff. There is something very wrong when stuff or the lack of it holds your joy, your peace and your legacy ransom. 

Where are you in this? What is your legacy going to be? Who is coming behind you in life's journey? What platform will you leave them to launch from? What is the end you have in mind? This evening? Tomorrow? Next year? Next generation? Because the end you have in mind will determine how intentional you are with today.

I hope you have a wonderful week. I hope that these thoughts arrest you the way they have me. I think we could change lives if we really allowed them to fall deep into our hearts and allow them to outwork into our living. 

Thanks for stopping by, K x


1 comments:

  1. It's good to think about the future, about what you want to leave behind for your family one day. Wether you have kids or not, cause if you like it or not you will leave something behind, either a legacy of being self-centred and self focussed, or a legacy of being family minded, generous or even scrooge-like!
    My husband recently lost his gran, not much to some of us, but while visiting with the family for the funeral I discovered the legacy of a woman who just didn't give up. She gave her two grandchildren a home after her daughter died so that they could continue to live in a loving home with guardians who would care for them and their futures. These two little kids have grown up and now are both married, one with a family and us with a baby on the way.
    It stuck me quite hard the meaning of family and being close as a family. To be part of each other's lives, and this, I have discovered is one of my family legacy's.
    We are a family that is close, in each other's lives, living life together and walking the road together come rain or shine. And this is a legacy I would like to leave for my children, that family is everything, it grounds you, it protects you, it gives you wise Godly advice, it walks you through the tough times and laughs with you in the bad.
    I know not every family is like this, but THIS is what I want for my new little family.

    Thanks for a fabulous blog Kara.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About