Monday: Tea Time



via Pinterest

Hi there friends,

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!


Ok, so the idea is that this was supposed to be posted in time for English tea time, 4pm, however I had to take my lovely Canadian friend to get medicine as she is sick with flu! 

So here is the first of a new regular addition to love, print, cappuccino's - Monday: Tea Time! Serving suggestions: A cup of traditional English Breakfast with a slice of carrot cake.





I enjoyed a much needed long weekend filled with lots of necessary recreational activities such as...


staying in bed for nearly a whole day glued to the Olympics

Starting a new novel

Having breakfast with some of my girls

Dinner with great friends

Getting our praise on with our local church family

And watching the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics.





It was with much pride, a few tears and a little relief that I watched the closing ceremony. Seb Coe summed it up well when he said “When our time came – Britain, we did it right.” I have never been more proud to be British and a Londoner as I have been these past two weeks. The closing ceremony took me through my life span of cultural moments and music in spectacular fashion.
I am a little relieved that the games are over because watching them on the TV in South Africa instead of live in my home town has been more than a little heart breaking and definitely triggered a wave of unexpected homesickness for my nation, city, culture, family and friends.

via Pinterest

Monday, Monday, has been oh so good to me! Starting with early morning quiet time, followed by a productive time at the gap year campus with our students, gorgeous weather, a trad* and vital Monday lunch with the lovely Anne Huang, the afternoon spent with our VGY family and then tonight is date night - now that is how to start the week!!!

This week poses much excitement as usual!

The Victory Gap Year students are having lectures with Ps. Edna Els and at the end of the week 4 teams will be embarking on their second National Outreach of the Year. Mr Noth and I will be heading up the team to Potchefstroom. It is going to be awesome!

After tea time I will be working on press for the up and coming J-Bay Eco-Chic Fashion Fair (more to be said about this soon!)




And tonight is date night, so I’m a happy lady.

via Pinterest

 Well friends, I hope you have a wonderful week!


Thanks for stopping by, K x


*If you don’t know what “trad” means, check out this post!


3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me!! I was lazy lazy lazy but just posted a new blog post after reading yours! http://wordssighsandbeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'm so stoked that you got inspired!!! In response to your post, I say if you can find a fashionable, unisex sling so that Dad feels comfortable too then go for it :)
      Thanks for stopping by, so glad you're enjoying the blog, K x

      Delete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About